1.16.2015

Honey thoughts.

Those sweet sweet reflections that summon pulls of nostalgia. A melange of things, really. I've been quick to jot them down so they can't wander away again. And they've filled up the first several pages of my pocketbook. I like to note them as honey thoughts. Some are too sacred for this space, but there are a few I'd like to share. 
--

On gray, murky days, tracing rain drops on the inside of  the car window as they travel diagonally across the glass. Pinning one drop against the other -- seeing who wins.

How my mama used to play piano on the steering wheel to a certain oldies tune. And I'd giggle at her accuracy.

Sitting in Grandma's suitcase, hair a mess, bottle dangling from my lips, pretending it was my personal bed. And dozing off each time amongst her Chanel No. 5 scented dresses.

Peanut butter sandwiches while I was sick. And only peanut butter sandwiches.

He and I. Taking a walk in the field on a breezy, warm mid-spring day.

--
Do you have any honey thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. driving on a road to nowhere with no place i have to be, typing out the license plates of cars that are in front of me

    finding the coziest, softest, blanket and rubbing it until i fell (fall) asleep

    writing messages in mom and dad's blue couches in the living room because if you did it a certain way, you could see the darker image in the fabric...then could erase them with your palm

    watching endless hours of nickelodeon shows like rugrats, gullah gullah island, rocko's modern life, salute your shorts, hey dude!, and singing every word of the opening songs at the top of our lungs while holding my beautiful baby sister in my lap (who was singing right along with me)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. running through the tall sunflowers in my grandmother's backyard with a milk moustache.

    i actually just wrote about this on my blog if you'd like to check it out! http://jaydekimberley.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your writing style it's really poetic, I nominated your blog for the liebster award! If you want to participate check it out here!
    http://kirasueburton.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The email notification I received about your comment surely made my morning! How very kind of you to nominate my blog, and to take interest in my pieces. I will take a look! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love this. Such a creative idea. You writing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will only advice every other woman TRYING TO GET PREGNANT or have FALLOPIAN TUBE issues, PCOS and other infertility problem to do their research and don’t base your option only on anyone’s advise, I did and it resulted in waste of money and time. I Contact Dr Eka on ( dreka14demons@gmail.com)  because I have discover Dr Eka. long time ago and I would have been pregnant earlier if I follow my heart and buy the herbal Medication but I disregard it because of my doctor’s advice and I am annoyed at myself but at the same time I am happy that I made the wise decision by going back to Dr Eka, for his Herbal Medication. Now I am a strong believer of this Herbal herbs natural medicine. Thank You. Dr Eka for bringing this joy into my home am so happy at last am now a mother & am the happiest woman on earth thank god i came back to your Herbal Medication. I know so many marriages out there finding it difficult to conceive I will surely encourage them to have fate and contact Dr Eka & BUY his Herbal Medication.

    ReplyDelete