4.02.2015

On being present.

Dream catcher c/o Wildflower Dream Catchers
How pure the tiny growing mind. How it easily latches on to what's right in front of it. Sweet, tunnel vision. No room for the torrent of thoughts that seep through any orifice: ears, neurons, pupils, mouth -- all things of the body are magnets of memory.

No. Young minds are so simple and oh how lucky are they. They know how to just be. A feat many of us grown ones are unable to do. We are so jaded. We are so fatigued.

But to try. To try and just try every day, every hour, with all you've got inside to stay right here. Away from there and then and in that painful memory or that trying time. No need to keep in such a state. Because what for? Why?

I paid massive attention to detail as a girl. I did things like count in my head, make up stories about colors in front of me, try and configure faces out of the lush, green mountains. Raced the raindrops and married salt & pepper shakers. I played dolls every waking moment of every day. I closed my eyes and breathed in my parents' scent, memorizing it, keeping it safe. I was always up there in my head but always in regards to what was in front of me.

I need more of this. And, I suspect you do, too. Be a child for a moment. Stare at colors and smell the spring air. Aren't they lovely? Take a break from the deep-up-there and find what you're missing right in front of here. Hold it with eager palms, the rope on a tire swing you have no choice but to cling to. Don't fall! Grab the present like a face and find the galaxies in its eyes. Look until you can see the stars drifting on boughs. Then simply be still.

The thing about hard things, past things, worry things, is that you don't have to hold on to them.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing. I love your blog and your instagram!

    madeline
    http://madelinemariehall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best advice and the best thing to do. I think I will focus on what's in front of me now. I'm always looking ahead or looking at the past. It's time to be present xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. Loved it!
    asrabbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will only advice every other woman TRYING TO GET PREGNANT or have FALLOPIAN TUBE issues, PCOS and other infertility problem to do their research and don’t base your option only on anyone’s advise, I did and it resulted in waste of money and time. I Contact Dr Eka on ( dreka14demons@gmail.com)  because I have discover Dr Eka. long time ago and I would have been pregnant earlier if I follow my heart and buy the herbal Medication but I disregard it because of my doctor’s advice and I am annoyed at myself but at the same time I am happy that I made the wise decision by going back to Dr Eka, for his Herbal Medication. Now I am a strong believer of this Herbal herbs natural medicine. Thank You. Dr Eka for bringing this joy into my home am so happy at last am now a mother & am the happiest woman on earth thank god i came back to your Herbal Medication. I know so many marriages out there finding it difficult to conceive I will surely encourage them to have fate and contact Dr Eka & BUY his Herbal Medication.

    ReplyDelete