5.18.2014

Seasons.

As the days get warmer, I can feel my mood lift with the warmth of my skin. I think everyone goes through a bit of wintertime numbness and apathy. Life is a whole lot better when there's daylight to see it happen. I find I'm happier when I awake to daylight, like the universe wakes me gently instead of some abrupt darkness shoving me into the day ahead. For some reason, I'm about 100x more comfortable in my bed just as I awake during the spring than any other seasons. I've never been one to toss and turn but springtime offers a slumber far more peaceful than winter.  

I think I have arrived at a significant turn in my life. Where childhood and teenage years feel so far away, yet you don't know how you're suddenly 24 and a half. When you find elegant kitchen dishtowels and artwork more aesthetically pleasing than music videos and social media. I know I have only dipped my toes in adulthood but I feel really really content. I mean I just bought the most precious Audrey Hepburn children's book for my future daughter one day. If that's not a sign of womanhood then I don't know. I've read it a few times. I'm really in love with it.

It's so accurate when they say time only gets shorter with the way these months are flying by; you blink and you're suddenly an adult. Time is weird like that. I can't wrap my head around it. Other than getting bouts of nostalgia, I think I'm handling this young woman thing with as much grace as I can. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya on getting into house decor :) I can't wait to have my own home, but at the same time, growing up is scary. And I think it's sweet that you're buying things for your future daughter. That's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the transition to adulthood is gradual, and the time goes by so much faster the older you get.

    Emmett - Spell & The Gypsy Collective Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will only advice every other woman TRYING TO GET PREGNANT or have FALLOPIAN TUBE issues, PCOS and other infertility problem to do their research and don’t base your option only on anyone’s advise, I did and it resulted in waste of money and time. I Contact Dr Eka on ( dreka14demons@gmail.com)  because I have discover Dr Eka. long time ago and I would have been pregnant earlier if I follow my heart and buy the herbal Medication but I disregard it because of my doctor’s advice and I am annoyed at myself but at the same time I am happy that I made the wise decision by going back to Dr Eka, for his Herbal Medication. Now I am a strong believer of this Herbal herbs natural medicine. Thank You. Dr Eka for bringing this joy into my home am so happy at last am now a mother & am the happiest woman on earth thank god i came back to your Herbal Medication. I know so many marriages out there finding it difficult to conceive I will surely encourage them to have fate and contact Dr Eka & BUY his Herbal Medication.

    ReplyDelete