6.25.2014

Thoughts this evening.

Flora during my afternoon walks. Always always.
Oh let's talk about expectations. Let me take a moment and nod to my pesky, oftentimes overly sensitive feelings. There comes a time in one's grown up life where a path appears -- a fork in the road of circumstance if you will. One way basks in the bitterness of others' negativity. It's a disheartening boulevard I have roamed down too many times. The other direction, a lane where the air is crisp and the soul is free. The sun forever shines -- where things feel good because they are good and nothing else matters. Where no one can bring you down.

You can probably take a guess at which path I've meddled with as of late. And quite honestly, I'm burnt out.

So here's to letting all of that go. Shame on them for not being reliable, considerate, decent human beings. But shame on me for expecting anything different. Here's to protecting myself from other's negativity, and making a conscious, thoughtful decision not to be the emotional sponge. I will hold dear the beauty I already have around me. The love and the kindness that's already here.

And be done with all the rest.

3 comments:

  1. Loving your positivity girl! let's hope some of it can rub off onto me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing attitude love! Hope today is wonderful.

    xo

    Michaela

    http://michaelajeanblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The days have been wonderful around these parts since I wrote this. Thank you for being so kind!

      Delete